Monday, September 27, 2010

My Kid Is Great......Again!

After a little bit of a lull it looks like my kid is back to being the god-like-genius that my financial investment in him merits! No longer is he out in the wilderness where he was being roundly ignored by the high priests of soccer wisdom, but now, once more, he is being hailed by the grand order of college coaches as the new messiah of the world game. As fall has rolled around my inbox has begun to fill up with messages paying homage to the chosen one and hailing him as being a “key part of our recruiting plans”, an “outstanding prospect”, and “able to make an immediate impact”. As a parent, it’s gratifying to hear this from these wise men that can spot the chosen one in his fledgling stages. I’m particularly impressed with the coach who wrote to say he had recognized my son’s abilities during an academy game in which he wasn’t even rostered. The insight of these prophets is truly awe-inspiring.

Of course, each of them also understands that my particular savior is still a work in progress and, to a man, they have recognized that all he needs to do to reach his god-given potential is simply sign up for their up-coming, $300, winter recruiting camp. It actually feels like previous occasion that my son was hailed as a genius in the halcyon days of spring and these same priests were clamoring over each other to get the chosen one to sign up for their summer camps.




Find Me On Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment