Thursday, February 26, 2009

Communicating With The Coach

I encourage every parent to speak regularly with their team coach to help build the sort of rapport that I have with ours. The louder you speak usually works best. Some coaches just don't get it, do they? My daughter was stuck at the back protecting our eight game, zero goals given up record, and was missing out on all the glory that those snotty kids playing up front get every time they score a goal. So I spoke loudly and firmly to the coach to remind him who pays his wages. I also let him know that I have been watching soccer for many weeks now so I know what I’m talking about. I put him right in his place and my kid was moved up front. When we lost the next three games in a row I had to speak to him again about playing kids out of their natural position and in roles which they are not suited for. Most of these dumba$$ coaches just don’t know what they are doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment