Friday, November 13, 2009

Last Saturday

Last Saturday’s game was such a let down. I knew ahead of time that Jenny wasn’t going to be there so I wouldn’t get the latest info on how her and her husband were getting along after she caught him making a pass at the team mom at the end-of-season pool party. So I still don’t know if she’s more pissed about him being disloyal or the fact that he chose such an old hag to be disloyal with. But then I get there and hear that the half-blind, zero coordination, two left footed, central defender and his stop-at-nothing pyscho mother are out of town so there is no-one for me to complain about and blame for all our problems.

To make matters worse the coach was sober for a change and he got there before we did with his team sheets written up and what looked suspiciously like a game plan to me. So bang went another line of conversation as I couldn’t even think about asking for my money back this week. The referee turned out to be pretty darn decent and seemed to call things fairly evenly. There didn’t seem to be a single cow mother on the opposing team’s bleachers and when they sent over that flask of hot-chocolate and a tray of donuts I knew I was screwed out of any chance of baiting them for the whole game.

In the end there was nothing else for it but to sit in my lawn chair and watch my kid enjoying his soccer. Where’s the fun in that?

No comments:

Post a Comment