Monday, May 18, 2009

Listen up, all you cynics!

I know a lot of you think that youth soccer is just all about the money these days but, take it from me, there are still good people out there in our little dysfunctional community. Just before tryouts I took a phone call from my youngest daughter's coach. Here is a guy who is moving on from our current club but even so he still wanted to take the time to offer us advice about my daughter's future. Prior to his call I had no idea that our current club's DOC was actually a "money-grabbing rat who knows nothing about soccer". I also had no clue that my daughter was about to be cut in favor of a much lesser player whose mom is of questionable moral standing, or that there is a clique of parents who choose the team and I'm not one of them! On the soccer side I was a bit surprised to learn that our current club's "glory days are over" due to the falling coaching standards and I was absolutely shocked to be told that our abject failure as a team this past year was all down to the club's failure to properly support the coach. It just goes to show that all those parents who thought that his drug and alcohol issues played a part don't know what they are talking about.

Now before you all jump in and say that this level of service is a one-off, may I remind you that this is the same coach who recruited us to our current club last year when he gave us the dirt on our previous club? So all you losers can stay where you are if you want but I will be moving my daughter to wherever this guy goes because I, for one, understand the meaning of the word 'integrity'.

No comments:

Post a Comment