Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Too Late

I'm thinking that maybe I started this Facebook deal a little bit too late. I know I’ve been telling everyone that the idea was that I could get to know the people that read my blog, but that wasn’t the only reason I set up the account. Really what I wanted to do was get to know the new high school coach. He really is a bit of a dish and my daughter and all the other girls have been raving about him. So I thought I’d friend him on Facebook, send a few innuendo laden private messages, then post a picture or two of me flashing my stimulus packages, and hey presto! He’d be like every other soccer coach in the history of the beautiful game – putty in the hands of a loose living, morally bankrupt, middle age mom in her prime.

It was all going pretty well and I reckoned I had enough incriminating replies from him to ensure that my daughter was named team captain and started every game. But then the buzz-killing athletic director gets ideas above his pay grade and puts an end to free speech, free love and expensive mistakes. “No Facebook fraternizing with the students and parents” is the new rule at Stalag Westchester High. Of course the AD knows all about how new technology can land you in trouble as we all remember that time his plan to make the school secretary ‘howl like a wolf on heat’ became a little bit too public when he hit the “Reply All” button.

So the fun is over with the coach for the time being, but maybe I’ll get a chat with him at the meeting tonight. We are having a conference to sort out a few problems with the team. Apparently one of the kids on the roster is being bullied by a few of the others. Lots of name calling and posting of pictures shot in the locker room. The poor girl is a wreck and has taken to hurting herself. I can’t help but think that if we’d been able to keep an eye on these kid’s Facebook accounts one of us could have put a stop to it before it got out of hand.



Find me on Facebook!!

No comments:

Post a Comment