Sunday, January 25, 2009

ODP

My son got cut from ODP this afternoon. How much longer must we put up with the political BS that this program represents? I saw the head “coach” (if you can call him that) talking to the DOC of one the so-called big clubs in Michigan and then ten minutes later 2 kids from that club are announced as being on the team!! It’s so obvious that this club was favored above ours. The coach spent the whole time trying to look like he was watching every move when we could all see that he didn’t care. One parent told me the team was already selected before our check was even cashed. Which brings up another thing – all these guys are interested in is the money. Every time he spoke to my boy it was obviously all about whether he had paid or not. $200 for 10 minutes of “coaching” and two hours of scrimmages??? Please! I don’t know why we even tried out. ODP is dead now that the academy is in place and as soon as there are another six or seven academy clubs in Michigan my son’s true genius will be recognized. ODP is for losers!

It was all so different on the girl’s side. Even though the head coach of our year group coaches for the club that my daughter plays for you could tell that he was giving every girl a fair chance to show what she could do. The fact that 13 of the 18 girls chosen came from his club is a complete coincidence. Even when he was on his cell phone for that half hour with his back to the field you could tell that he was listening to every single thing that was going on. ODP is such a wonderful program and I don’t know why some idiots are talking about an academy approach for the girls. An academy is way too expensive and you get such good value from ODP. My daughter had an in-depth 10 minute tutorial and then was given a chance to showcase her new found skills in a highly charged, competitive environment commonly called a scrimmage. I’m so proud that my daughter has been selected to represent Michigan in the latest in a long line of excellent decisions by the staff of our fine ODP program.

email me at fullridesoon@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment