Friday, March 12, 2010

More Girl Power

There’s a rumor sweeping the club that my eldest daughter’s new coach is going to be a woman!

I’ve got to say that my first reaction was “over my dead body” but the more I think about it, I’m starting to think that it might not be so very bad. It could actually be a fun to have a situation where half the parents are lusting after the coach instead of the coach lusting after half the parents.

The girls on the team should find some benefits too. For example they can talk to the new coach about their menstrual cycle, which is something they never could do with the current dude, even though he constantly behaves like he has a severe case of PMS. It’ll also be easier for the girls to talk to the new coach about other female issues such as sports bras and the like – although I have to say that the current guy has always been very attentive in that particular area.

The new coach can also depend on a lot of support from the male parents. It’s so encouraging how fathers are instantly aware that female coaches must need their help on matters of line up, tactics, play time and how the game should be played.

So I’ve been telling my daughter that it’s going to be great but for some reason she has got it into her head that she’s going to wait and see if the coach is any good or not, whether it’s a guy or a girl. Obviously she still has some growing up to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment