Thursday, March 11, 2010

Take Your Kid To Work Day

So, some poor fool in the Big Apple is in trouble for taking his kid to work in the air traffic control center at JFK? What was he thinking? I mean supposing the kid had run across those two pilots who were found to be FUI? We would have been in the crazy situation of a totally unqualified kid in charge of a bunch of highly paid old drunks who have no concern for their customers. I guess that would be pretty similar to how our soccer club is run.

Back in my modeling days I don’t think I would have taken any kid of mine to work with me. The problem would have been that my kids would have had to see me scantily clad and trying to look sexy while the guy in charge leers all over me and everyone else just stands around feeling sorry for me. A bit like how tryouts are these days.

You never know what kind of trauma some kids will suffer when their image of their parents is shattered in such a cruel fashion. I know one guy whose kid was destroyed by seeing his dad humiliated at work as everyone ridiculed and cursed him all day long. He says it’s the last time he ever takes his son to watch him referee a youth soccer game.

No comments:

Post a Comment