Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Girl Power

So my eldest daughter’s final Sadie Hawkins dance seems to have passed off with only the usual amount of teenage girl drama. I’ve got to say that I liked the idea of the girls soccer team and their dates going together as a group. I enjoyed seeing them all together, although I’m glad they didn’t invite that bitch of central defender after she was caught making out with the goalkeeper’s boyfriend and earning herself the nickname of Joan Terry in the process. It was a real team building exercise which should serve them well for the upcoming season.

I think that maybe the decision to go with short dresses might have been a mistake. Not only did it give Jules the opportunity to model that little number she picked up at Strumpets-R-Us, but it also showed a lot of the battle scars that we’ve picked up along the way. Looking at the group photo I can see nine ACL surgeries, eleven severely scuffed knees from playing indoor, and a single bite mark on a girl’s thigh which she either picked up playing against those animals at Immaculate Conception, or from dating that kid from the local public school.

Of course the real fun in Sadie Hawkins is in the girls choosing and inviting their dates! So we had a girl’s soccer team in charge of their own fate with the male of the species relegated to the bench and waiting to be selected to play. I guess that it’s a little bit sad that it’s the only time that will happen in the girl’s career.

No comments:

Post a Comment